Sunday, August 3, 2008

Skype - webcams

We only recently acquired skype and have only used it 3/4 times which seems ridiculous because it was so exciting. To be able to chat freely while watching the other person with only minimal distortion is truly amazing. My husband often refers to the wonders of internet banking and how astounded his father would have been at the ease and convenience we have today. He only passed away 8 years ago and how things have changed in that short time. He would have loved exploring all the new technologies and I find it sad that so many of our oldies find it to daunting. Too much too soon perhaps? I hope I don't fall into that category in my later years (or sooner) as it is so rewarding to discover and play with all that's out there. Now I just need to master the remote control for the telly, video, dvd, surround sound ............and I'll be sweet.

No comments: