Sunday, August 17, 2008

RSS Feeds

I have not enjoyed this exercise at all. Information overload! I can appreciate from a theoretical viewpoint how it might be useful getting feeds however I did not have anything in particular I would choose to subscribe to. There are a few websites that I do visit regularly and I have subscribed to them but trying to find other sites or blogs that might interest me became tedious. The The helpful search tools like Topix and Technorati proved anything but helpful - too much of too much. Not sure that I would use this tool for anything but essential websites which I can access easily anyway. I have to concur with Bibliochick - too much!! How does anyone have the time?

2 comments:

Biblio Chick said...

Instant gratification is the name of the game - I am beginning to think that the post-modern person has nothing better to do than swan around the web. Is that an indication that the world is overpopulated and that the only "safe" way to connect with people is via a computer? But how safe is safe when it comes to computers with all the clever little techies constantly trying to beat the system and succeeding! And what about Big Brother watching our every key stroke? And then there is the mind boggling number of people out there talking to each other - imagine talking to all the librarians in the world??? AARRGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biblio Chick said...

Hey, Honeybunch - where are you? Keep going my dear, the best is yet to come. I am truly gobsmacked at all that I have learned and can honestly recommend that it is worth carrying on. Using it all will depend on what one want's to use the Web for, but in the long run it will benefit everyone who does use it for both work and leisure. I don't know if you still access your site, but hopefully you do, and hopefully you will get a second wind. It is time consuming, but then so is life!!! Hope all is well in your world. Looking forward to getting back to work to catch up again. Cheers, with love BC